Friday 3 September 2010

My goodness, Tim's was bursting at the seams this morning. Six new members came along and we only just managed to squeeze into the room. Had it not been for the fact that two regular members were away, we would have overflowed onto the stairs. We did run out of chairs at one point and Jane and I each found a spot on the window ledge to release chairs for other members.

It's fortuitous that we have already booked our sessions at The Radcliffe Arms. Three members joined me there for lunch after our knitting session today. I arrived ahead of the other three and the Manager, Stuart showed me round the Conservatory room which will easily accomodate our growing numbers.

Lunch was delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. With the promise of croissants, pain au chocolat or toast with our teas and coffees, I'm lookong forward to our first knitting meeting on 17th.

Parking is a little restricted (7 spaces at the moment with the summer tables in the car park) but we should have the place more or less to ourselves between 10 and 12 on Friday mornings. There is pay-for parking in the Queen Mother Theatre car park a short walk from the Radcliffe.