Friday 18 March 2011

Super Group



Today we had a very full meeting where we welcomed a new member, Polly.

Three regular members were absent (I'd taken a book to loan one of those absent and have given it to Fiona to pass on at the next meeting). Even so, we filled the meeting room by squeezing an extra chair in at the top end of the table. In future, we may use the upstairs' room which will seat more people in comfort.




Members had brought along many completed projects. Jane showed us her beautiful sockweight 'Ishbel' shawl.






She also brought along a pretty pair of gloves in cheerful colours






and a pair of socks worked in a shell pattern.







Fran modelled this lovely cardigan in graded shades of purple.












 and Alicia wore a V-necked sweater in a complementary shade of lilac.












Pam wore this longline cardigan worked in Rowan felted tweed aran.








Philippa wanted a 'headless' shot of her modelling this unique wrap,




while Sue kept her head on to model the poncho she'd knitted for the cruise to see the Northern Lights, in Rowan Chunky, shade Northern Lights.





Sue also brought along the trio of baby gifts for a friend who is expecting a girl.










I wore my recently finished Spring Jacket and Sue kindly took this photo.

I'd like to thank all the members for a great meeting today. Particular thanks go to Margo - for bringing a birthday cake to share with the group (our 2nd birthday is March 24th), Alicia for the jamjars, Jane for helping me out with a 'bottom-up seamless cardigan' problem, and 'the other' Jane for sorting out the return of my deposit.

I've said it before but it bears repeating - this is a lovely, talented and supportive group and I am grateful for each and everyone's contribution.

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy my Friday Knitting mornings, with a lovely, friendly and helpful group of ladies. I am regularly inspired by the amazing creations I see taking shape all around me and I love the fact that there's no sense of competition all. Lookg forward to out next meeting.
    Sue H

    ReplyDelete